8 Valentine’s Day Ideas on O’ahu
Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Don’t fret! Here are some fun things you can do with your loved one, or your friends, this Valentine’s Day in O’ahu.
One. Name a ‘Grub’
This one is for the folks that are not in a good mood this Holiday. Or even a way to celebrate your dislike for someone with someone special. The Honolulu Zoo will name an insect (or vegetable) after someone and feed it to the animals. $5-20 donation. If you want to go big, $100 donation will have a video of the animal eating your Ex-Named-Grub.
Two. Ice Skating
Ice Palace is working on opening more days of the week since their reopening in December. As of right now they should be open from 10am to 2pm, but will update us soon if they will be open longer! $16 per person including skate rentals. (24 Hour Reservation needed.)
Three. Sunset Cocktail Cruise
One of my favorite things to do on the island is to go on a Sunset Cocktail Cruise. Whether you’re in Waikiki or on the West Side in Ko Olina. You’ll have beautiful sunsets and maybe even see some dolphins and/or whales splashing around! Don’t wait, these will sell out! $113+ .While there are plenty, here are some of my favorite companies:
- Hawaii Nautical (both locations)
- Ko Olina Ocean Adventures (Ko Olina)
- Maita’i Catamaran Sails (Waikiki)
- Makani (Waikiki)
- Majestic Sunset Cruise (Waikiki)
Want to elevate your Sunset Cruise to a Sunset Dinner Cruise or Sunset Snorkel and Dinner Cruise.
- Star of Honolulu (Waikiki)
- Ocean Joy [Snorkel and Dinner] (Ko Olina)
Four. See the Cherry Blossoms in Wahiawa
Take a nice drive or a nice stroll to California Avenue in Wahiawa to see the Cherry Blossoms/Sakura. Bring your camera and take some nice photos.
Five. Book a Couples Massage
You can never go wrong with a massage. Have a relaxing day with your person and book that couple massage. Pamper yourself while doing something together. Your bodies will thank you!
- Moana Lani Spa – Moana Surfrider
- Abhasa – Royal Hawaiian
- Laniwai – Disney’s Aulani
- Naupaka Spa & Wellness -Four Seasons Ko Olina
Six. Have a Romantic Picnic
Looking for something different. Want to do a beautiful meal without all the people? Book an intimate romantic picnic around the island with Irie Luxury Picnic. Let someone else do the work and help you design something really special for your someone! Pricing begins at $283.
Seven. Renew Your Vows/Elope
One of the most romantic things you can do is Renew your Vows, or better yet, get married if you two are ready to take that step. There are wonderful and beautiful places where this can be done around the island. Packages starting as low as $395! Reach out to some amazing coordinators from Weddings of Hawaii. (Reservations Required)
Eight. Have a Romantic Dinner
While having a romantic dinner seems like the obvious choice, standard even, you can never go wrong! Here are some of the most romantic places to go!
- Haleiwa Joe’s – Haleiwa or Kaneohe – They do not take reservations, but I assure you, it’s worth it.
- La Vie – Waikiki – Reservations Required
- 53 By the Sea – Waikiki -Reservations Required
- Beachhouse at the Moana – Waikiki – Reservations Required
- La Mer – Waikiki – Reservations Required
- Noe – Ko Olina – Reservations Required
- The Beach House by 604 – Waianae – No Reservations
- Roy’s Ko Olina – Ko Olina – No Reservations for Dinner
Looking for some Valentine’s Day Cookies, Flowers, or Gift Baskets:
Grey Apron Bakery (Closes Feb 4, so order now!)
Categories: Adventure, Beach, beauty, Featured, Food, Hawaii, Romantic, Spontaneous, Uncategorized, Valentine's Day
Leave a Reply